We have to do something to stop this. Anything we possibly can. This holiday season (Christmas for our family) I have set out to raise $200 for International Justice Mission. One of the ways I'm doing this is by having baked 7 batches of my top 5 all-time favorite cookies, dividing it all by ten, and selling ten boxes of about a half-batch's worth of cookies. My boxes are going out today and my local list serve doesn't allow photographs in posts, so this will also help me advertise these boxes (by posting the link to this entry). But if you're elsewhere and reading this and you feel inspired to give more this holiday season, to those who need it the most, please consider contributing to my fundraising campaign here:
My campaign page also has a video explaining what IJM is all about and how it works. Please, please watch it! And be sure to also "like" their Facebook page for updates on what they're accomplishing!
As for the cookies, here are my favorites with links to the recipes (except chocolate chip, which is a matter of personal preference). Enjoy!
- Korova (Parisian dark chocolate sea-salt cookies)
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (these are actually quite easy, you just need a mini muffin tin and they pop right out! Also, I use Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups - WAY easier to unwrap and tastier too)
- Almond Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chewy Spicy Christmas Cookies; and
- "Life-Changing" Chocolate Chip Cookies
|Each box actually has two of the tree cookies :)|
|If you want a tasty, easy recipe for thicker softer sugar-cookies, try this one.|
|Simply the BEST!|
|These are so good and SO easy, really! You just push the PB cups into the hot cookies, let it cool, and they lift right out!|